1992 900 Automatic – Gearbox gaskets

Forum Modellspecifika forum OG900 1992 900 Automatic – Gearbox gaskets

Detta ämne innehåller 4 svar, har 2 deltagare, och uppdaterades senast av 2007-07-04 08:26.

Visar 5 inlägg - 1 till 5 (av 5 totalt)
  • Författare

gmc
    Deltagare

Hi!

I am about to change the gearbox and final drive oil on our 1992 900 2.1 Auto and am having difficulty getting a set of sump gaskets for both the gearbox and final drive. Anyone know a good place to get them.

On another point, there is a plate at the rear of the final drive and it seems to be leaking, is this easy to remove and replace the gasket without having to remove the engine/gearbox. It is the vertical plate at the back, not the sump plate.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Peder Andersen
    Deltagare

Hi!

It is very easy to change the gasket at the final drive’s rear plate without having to remove the gearbox or anything else.

A couple of years ago i have bought sump gasket from Speedparts,
    http://www.speedparts.se/shop/prod/res_vxl_automat.shtml
    but now i seems like you have to buy a complete kit to get the gaskets. Contact them and ask, maybe they still do sell the gaskets you need separately.

To drain the ATF oil from the gearbox you don’t need to remove the sump, there is a small drainplug at the front of the gearbox. On my cars the plug opens with an ordinary screwdriver, and it doesn’t really look like a drainplug.

If you can’t get gaskets from Speedparts, try Ekmans bil och båt, http://www.ebb.se or dennis@ebb.se they do lots of work with Saab autotransmissions.

Regards,
    Peder Andersen

gmc
    Deltagare

Peder – Thanks so much for the information. I have sent an email to Dennis at EBB to see if they can help with the gaskets. The reason for needing to take the sump off is we are experiencing problems with the box shifing too late, if I change the oil I want to clean the oil filter as well just to make sure there is no bits and pieces lying around.

gmc
    Deltagare

Peder – I made contact with Dennis at EBB and his recommendation is AFT type F oil for the gearbox and a 80w-90 Hypoidolja for the final drive. Gaskets should be available from Saab dealers. (Not going to be cheap). He also noted that he didn’t think the oil change would solve the problem but that it won’t hurt to change the oil. Will start shopping around for the gaskets, get the job done, and cross my fingers.

Peder Andersen
    Deltagare

Ok, i hope the oilchange will help against your late shifting problem.
    I just have a stupid but simple idea… one of my 900 automatic had a worn wire between the trottle and the gearbox. If this wire is adjusted too short the gearbox will shift later, and if it is too long gearbox will shift earlier. My wire was worn so that it became longer and as a result the gearbox shifted as early as possible, at about 2000 rpm regardless of how hard i stepped on the throttle pedal.

This is problably not the cause of your problem, but it won’t hurt to check it up. When you have removed the sump plate from the gearbox, also check the condition of the ”camshaft” that the gearbox’s throttle wire is connected to.

Visar 5 inlägg - 1 till 5 (av 5 totalt)

Du måste vara inloggad för att svara på detta ämne.

Genom att fortsätta använda denna webbplats godkänner du användandet av kakor. mer information

Dina kakinställningar för denna webbplats är satt till "tillåt kakor" för att ge dig den bästa upplevelsen. Om du fortsätter använda webbplatsen utan att ändra dina inställningar för kakor eller om du klickar "Acceptera" nedan så samtycker du till detta.

Stäng