Saab 900 cooling fan/s

Forum / Modellspecifika forum / OG900 / Saab 900 cooling fan/s

Forum / Modellspecifika forum / OG900 / Saab 900 cooling fan/s

• Författare

I wonder if someone could help. Our 1991 900 is overheating when in traffic, the cooling fan on the radiator doesn’t seem to come on.

I have looked at a few things but confused by the layout. Is it common to have two cooling fans on the radiator? (The car did have AC but this has been disconnected.)

I have also found what looks like two fan switches.

1: Top left of radiator.
      2: Return hose to radiator.

If I bridge the wires on the fan switch 1 the right fan (passenger side) comes on, so I imagine the fan switch is faulty and will replace it.

If I check the 2 switch it is “closed”, ie complete circuit whereas the 1 switch is “open”, no circuit.

What controls the second fan (drivers side).
      What does switch 2 control and should it be an open or closed circuit.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

maj 11, 2008 at 09:23 #121403

the second fan is probably due to the AC and that is triggered by the sensor on the coolant hose. The sensor in the radiator is the standard application and must be faulty as you have found out. They are cheap and easy to replace so I would definitely start there and leave the other fan as it is.

maj 11, 2008 at 10:09 #121404

Stefan: Thanks for information. Will replace the fan switch and if all works will leave the rest alone.

maj 11, 2008 at 10:34 #121407

Den vänstra kontakten, lossa den och bygla de två kablarna, då skall fläkten starta om den är hel, gör den det så är det säkert termostatkontakten som gett upp.

MVH

Michael

maj 11, 2008 at 14:55 #121424

Michael: Thanks, connected the two wires and the fan works, will be picking up a new thermostat switch in the morning.

maj 26, 2008 at 21:47 #122214

Jag byglade två tamparna i högerframskärm där torkfiltret hade suttit.
                Någon typ av kontakt hade setat där.
                Då kan man starta den andra fläkten med hjälp av AC-knappen.

maj 30, 2008 at 14:51 #122340

Thanks to all, replaced the fan switch and the cooling fan is working correctly.

AC has been removed, no switches on inside, just a few bits in the engine compartment.

• Du måste vara inloggad för att svara på detta ämne.