Saab 900 wheel sensors

Forum Modellspecifika forum OG900 Saab 900 wheel sensors

Detta ämne innehåller 7 svar, har 3 deltagare, och uppdaterades senast av 2007-06-04 16:53.

Visar 8 inlägg - 1 till 8 (av 8 totalt)
  • Författare

gmc
    Deltagare

Hi!

Just had our 1992 Saab 900 2.1 Autmatic in to have the ABS tested and it turns out there is a fault with the rear right wheel sensor.

Does anyone know if the sensors from the 9000 will fit, and from which year/model.

Appreicate any help as I have to get the car in for ”besiktning” this Friday and the ABS light keeps coming on.

Martin
    Deltagare

These is the sensor that EPC lists for your car

Article : Givare
    PartNo : 4001541
    Usage : RH

From EPC, I am not able to see if the 9000 uses the same sensor. However I know they share the same type of brake. The brakehousing should be the same. However, I am not shure if the sensors are interchangeable.

Here are a couple of 9000 sensors
    Article : Sensor
    PartNo : 4001483
    Usage : RH

Article : Sensor
    PartNo : 4647061
    Usage : 1996-1998, RH

gmc
    Deltagare

Martin – Thanks for the information. I have been searching around and it seems that the sensors are different between the 900 and 9000. Mostly in length as the ABS control unit is located in different places. However, it seems that part number 4001541 is the same on 900’s from 79-94, so I might get lucky.

gmc
    Deltagare

Unfortunately no wheel sensor yet and ”besiktning” is tomorrow morning. The annoying thing is the light comes on some trips, and stays off on others.

Does anyone know if they test the ABS systems when the car is in for ”besiktning” or is it just the standard brake tests. (tempted to remove the instrument bulb till after ”besiktning”)

stefan
    Deltagare

yes they test it but the only visual check is the warning light…….if the system is working properly it should come off after a few seconds and if you are extremely lucky they might not notice the situation if you remove the bulb.
    If the warning light is on you will have to repair it and return to the station again.
    I can sell you a new sensor for approx 900kr but do remove the wheel and disc and check for dirt around the sensor. They are very sensitive and especially if the sensor ring is placed visible so it can rust. Do not remember how it is made on 900OG but I can imagine that the sensor ring is a one piece item with the hub.
    You can test the sensor if you have an AC/DC /Ohm meter. It should read 20-40 Ohm in resistance and if measured in AC voltage it should read some volts when spinning the wheel.

gmc
    Deltagare

Stefan – Thanks for the information. I will see if I can get the rear wheel off tonight and clean things up. Hopefully that will work. Will let you know how it goes with the MOT, but if the cleaning doesn’t fix it, then I will be need a new one and will be in touch.

gmc
    Deltagare

Thanks to all for the information – I took the car in on Friday and it failed on 3 points, but not on the ABS. Front right shock worn, rear brake pipe rusty, oil leak on the engine (think it is just oily at the back of the engine as there are never any drops on the ground or excessive oil usage). Will replace the both front shocks and rear brake pipe this week and then look for a place where I can lift the car up and give the engine a good cleaning, then see if there is actually a leak or just a lot of spilt oil from the previous owner.

Still need to fix the ABS sensor but I will give the whole thing a good cleaning when I replace the rear oil pipe. (Stefan – I will get in touch about the sensor if I need a new one after I have checked this one out properly).

gmc
    Deltagare

Hi – Thanks to everyone for the help. Got the 900 through the control besiktning today but it has cost more than I thought to get things done so I will hold back on replacing the wheel sensor for a while. At least the car is out on the road and will soon be pulling the old Thomson Glenn north to Bodø in Norway, and back again.

Visar 8 inlägg - 1 till 8 (av 8 totalt)

Du måste vara inloggad för att svara på detta ämne.

Genom att fortsätta använda denna webbplats godkänner du användandet av kakor. mer information

Dina kakinställningar för denna webbplats är satt till "tillåt kakor" för att ge dig den bästa upplevelsen. Om du fortsätter använda webbplatsen utan att ändra dina inställningar för kakor eller om du klickar "Acceptera" nedan så samtycker du till detta.

Stäng