99 1971 1709cc

Forum Övrigt Projekt / Min bil 99 1971 1709cc

Detta ämne innehåller 4 svar, har 2 deltagare, och uppdaterades senast av 2011-06-01 17:39.

Visar 5 inlägg - 1 till 5 (av 5 totalt)
  • Författare

turbo killer
    Deltagare

I have been able to find an early 99 for rallying, so maybe some of you will be happy to hear that my ’76 EMS is safe :).
    I actually owned this car 10 years ago, i saved it and got it roadworthy and i’ve just bought it back from the guy i sold it to.
    The seats are shot and the bodywork has tired paint, but no rot.
    I don’t know when the serious work will start, but at least i have found a good shell.

1709cc engine with freewheel gearbox, i don’t think this will take to tuning very well :racesmile:

Martin
    Deltagare

Great!
    Perhaps some serious tweaking and installing an engine from a Triumph Dolomite Sprint? :angel: :jobbar: 🙂

I.I.R.C, the Dolomite had the engine installed the opposite way?

turbo killer
    Deltagare

Maybe a 2000cc Saab 16v big valve head on 45mm Jenvey throttle bodies would be better 😉

Martin
    Deltagare

Agree, only made an attempt to stick to the Triumph family 🙂 😉

turbo killer
    Deltagare

It’s been sometime since i posted anything, but i have made some progress with the ’71 shell, i stripped it out and removed all of the underseal and soundproofing, i have today started removing brackets that will no longer be needed, all for the sake of weight reduction.

Before i started work on it i put together a chassis tilter, this made work so much easier and helps to carry out a much better job.

I used an old screwdriver to remove the underseal, i think with the underseal being old and brittle helped!

Underseal removed and original factory primer wiped down with white spirit.

Fuel tank area, just a few rough patches, no rot, just a bit in the boot corners, easy repair 🙂

Visar 5 inlägg - 1 till 5 (av 5 totalt)

Du måste vara inloggad för att svara på detta ämne.

Genom att fortsätta använda denna webbplats godkänner du användandet av kakor. mer information

Dina kakinställningar för denna webbplats är satt till "tillåt kakor" för att ge dig den bästa upplevelsen. Om du fortsätter använda webbplatsen utan att ändra dina inställningar för kakor eller om du klickar "Acceptera" nedan så samtycker du till detta.

Stäng