- Detta ämne har 4 svar, 2 deltagare, och uppdaterades senast 2008-04-11 20:07 av .
- 10 mars, 2008 kl. 09:47 #17595
I am investigating the possible alternatives for the steering in my 99 Rallye project.
Right now there is a standard steering-rack with 4,1 turns in the car. This is not really good for Rallye as it is to much indirect (like driving a bus or something… :crazy:).
So here are the options, which I would like to hear some comments or ecperience:
1. EMS steering rack, 3,6 turns -> I am searching for one
2. More direct steering, is it available somewhere?
-> 3a. From a 99 GLE, not easy to fit as it needs modifications to the cars body.
-> 3b. Put in another servo-styrning, maybe Saab 900 fits?
-> 3c. Put in an electric servo-pump instead of the original mechanic belt-driven unit. Have heard that you can use some electric pump from Opel Astra Zafira or so.
Has anyone converted to servo here and can tell me, how he did it?
Erik10 mars, 2008 kl. 11:17 #119168ake svantessonDeltagare
in the factory cars the use servo 1980 it was the 900 steering rack,,look at teh pictures in saab 99 rally article
all teh best Åke10 mars, 2008 kl. 12:45 #119170
I have found the picture, didn’t notice it was a servo-steering last time.
What did they do with the pump? Where was it placed and how was it driven?
Mechanical or electric pump?
Erik11 mars, 2008 kl. 10:54 #119213
Ok, some news here, as I have discussed the servo-steering in a german forum as well.
So my plan is now:
– Put in the 900 servo, looks like this is a rather easy job to do.
– Custom made tubes (stainless-steel Dash6 or Dash8 hydraulic tubes)
– Electric pump from an Opel Zafira, or Mercedes A or Renault Kangoo is the choice I have found out from german rallye-guys who have retrofitted a power-steering into their Golfs or what ever…
Erik11 april, 2008 kl. 20:07 #120305
I have compared a 99-steering and a 900-power-steering.
The ”pin” for the steering-axle (the tube with the steering-wheel) is longer and thicker on the 900-unit.
How can I attach the 99-steering-axle (tube…) with the pin on the 900-unit?
Second thing, as long as the power-steering install doesn’t work out. I didn’t find any EMS-steering till now. Is there any company selling a conversion-kit for a more direct steering for Saab 99?
- Du måste vara inloggad för att svara på detta ämne.