Renovating c900 convertible (1994)

Forum / Övrigt / Projekt / Min bil / Renovating c900 convertible (1994)

Forum / Övrigt / Projekt / Min bil / Renovating c900 convertible (1994)

• Författare

Hi!

My name is Matej and I come from Slovenia. Yesterday i finally started renovating my c900 convertible (1994 from USA). Plans are to repair all the rotten parts, repaint the car and renew the engine… I will write more later, there are just 2 photos from yesterday! 🙂

I will be happy with any advice you have for me!

december 3, 2012 at 09:38 #193848

Here are more photos of the car:

december 3, 2012 at 09:51 #193849

I imported car in 2009 from USA (New York). I received it in march 2010 and I had problems to get paper until october 2011. This year it was the first season that i drove with the car. It drives very well, engine is in very good condition, but auto transmission leaks. I think I will change it to manual during renovation.
          Yesterday I removed the interior and this week I wll remove roof (also in very good condition!).
          Car has full equipment: AC, airbag, leather seats (electric and heated), remote starting,…

I will also need to buy some spare parts, but I think I will find a lof of this here on forum…

december 3, 2012 at 10:27 #193852

It looks very nice! 🙂

december 3, 2012 at 10:54 #193854

When it comes to finding spare parts, there are other forums worth visiting:

Saab Turboclub of Sweden: More focus on modern saabs, tuning e.t.c.
              Saabklubben: More focus on older models, ranging from the early days of saab up until the first generation of saab 900.

Even if none of those clubs are focusing on saab 900 only (which this club is), both clubs are considerably larger and have more active members than this one so they are worth visiting for tips, tricks and spare parts for your car.

When it comes to spare pars, there are associations of scrapyards selling used spare parts that are listing all their items on the web. Here are two useful links:

http://www.laga.se/
              http://www.bildelsbasen.se/

december 4, 2012 at 20:59 #193870

Nice project car 🙂

december 5, 2012 at 19:31 #193880

I have first question.. 🙂 During weekend I will remove top and I am searching for manuals. So far I have found a lot of them on saabclub.gr, but this one covers just changing the top and not also removing mechanism and window..

Thank you,
                  Matej

december 6, 2012 at 16:29 #193891

Looked over my stack of manuals in PDF but without convertible 🙁 I have it somewhere in a book in Swedish, doesnt really help.

BR,
                    Henrik

december 7, 2012 at 21:54 #193892

No problem! We managed to removed top and also reconnect the pump. It was basicly mission impossible, but we did it. There is really a lot of work to do to put everything out of the car. I will post pictures tommorow!

december 8, 2012 at 11:21 #193893

oktober 8, 2013 at 17:57 #196744

Did not do anything about renovation so far, but I will do now! We just pulled car out today and we need to fix rotten parts.
                          Engine and transmission are also going out.
                          I need to prepare it for painting before winter, so I can put it back together until summer!:)
                          In 2 weeks I am going for a trip to Sweden. Do you recommend any good places in Gothenburg or Stockholm to look for c900 parts?

oktober 10, 2013 at 20:41 #196748

Hi

Sweden is not the place to find spareparts. There is not many thar will be dismantled. people take car of them and drive them only in summer period.

If you will find spareparts to convertible, ebay in us or in England is places ther you could find items to them.

Whats part is you looking for?

Magnus

november 5, 2013 at 06:35 #196886

Hi!

I was in Trollhattan one week ago and searching for some spare parts there, but no luck… 🙂

Because of some rot I need parts from front of the car – the metal parts where bumper is attached. Second of all I would need c900 gearbox with all parts (now i have automatic), front driver seat (beige color), etc …

• Du måste vara inloggad för att svara på detta ämne.