Calendar 2007/2008

Forum / Övrigt / Off Topic / Calendar 2007/2008

Forum / Övrigt / Off Topic / Calendar 2007/2008

Visar 15 inlägg - 1 till 15 (av 20 totalt)
  • Författare

At the Saab Skånia Annual meeting I showed some examples of a calendar that I will be releasing on internet that will contain photographs of some of the Saabs shot this year along with information on upcoming meetings and rallies.

You can view the 2007 pages on my site .

I first decided to create the calendar for myself but once I saw the results I thought it may be of interest to other. Currently the 2007 pages contain information on upcoming events in Skåne but it will be possible to print out the 2008 calendar as blank pages that you can fill in for yourself.

You need to be patient the first time you open each month, for some reason there is a long delay in the image loading, but it will appear.

Where possible I have put links to the events so that when clicked it will open a map showing where the even is taking place.

Comments and suggestions are welcomed.

september 24, 2007 at 04:26 #112111

Very nice Gary – keep ’em coming for next year. Maybe you should arrange some photo-shoots just for the calendar, so that the specific car isn’t disturbed by other cars? Your pictures are always nicely composed 🙂 Btw – Is it necessary to get the owners approval before publishing their cars like this? Just wondering…

september 24, 2007 at 08:09 #112116

Per-Erik: Thanks for the comments. I was looking at setting up a photo shoot next year, first I will sort out the new Scatter Rally and if that works then a photo shoot can be arranged at one of the finish locations.

As for permission to publish, the calendar is not being offered commercially and to my knowledge there is no restrictions on photographing cars in public places. Copyright of the photographs does belong to the photographer.

However, if anyone has any objections to their car appearing in a photograph, send me a PM with your registration number.

september 24, 2007 at 09:18 #112118

Hej Gary,

the calender looks great. I will print September right now and put it on the wall.

One improvement that I might suggest would be to include the week numbers.

Keep on rockin’

september 24, 2007 at 09:30 #112119

Hej igen Gary,

jag lyckas inte skriva ut kalendern på något enkelt sätt. Kanske det vore en god idé att du skapar pdf-er som man kan ladda ner och printa?

september 24, 2007 at 12:13 #112124

Martin: Thanks for the comments, will put the week numbers on. As for printing, I must admit that I have only tested it on IE 7, if I use the preview it looks perfect and the copies I have test printed have come out with no problems.

PDF files will appear soon to help with the printing.

september 24, 2007 at 17:42 #112135

I have updated the calender, it now has week numbers and there are PDF files available for printing.

september 26, 2007 at 06:01 #112231

Hi there Gary!
                    (sorry I haven’t got time right now to read all these posts, so I just have to ask you even though the answer may be in one of these posts..)

Am I allowed to print that calendar and use it,or did you just want to show what you’ve done?
                    I’d love to have that one hanging on my wall, with all my Saab-posters 🙂

You’ve done a great job, congrats!
                    Niko

september 26, 2007 at 08:03 #112236

Niko – Thanks for the comments, appreciated. The calendars are there for everyone to print out and use.

I am working on the full 2008 calendar and it will be available to view online, print out the monthly sheets with car meetings and events marked up and there will be a PDF file containing the complete year with no events marked.

I am also looking at having the 2008 calendar printed up properly so that those wishing a better quality print will be able to order one. Details will follow.

oktober 1, 2007 at 08:32 #112441

Hej Gary,

great job you are doing!

Känner du till Google calendar? Om inte, kolla in calendar.google.com.

Där har jag all min planering nuförtiden, och jag tycker det är jättebra. Man kan lätt göra sin egen planering, dela den med andra om man vill, och man kan söka och importera offentliga kalendrar efter tycke och smak.

Skulle det inte vara en bra sak att kunna importera en SAAB Event Calendar. Det verkar inte finnas någon offentlig sådan ännu, och jag saknar tid och energi att göra en, men du kanske har mer energi än jag just nu (jag slickar ännu såren efter husvagnsbygget under första halvåret).

Martin

oktober 1, 2007 at 16:52 #112463

Martin – Thanks for the comments. I have been looking at the Google and Yahoo calendars, and they are all good, but I was looking for something I could have on the net and print out to have on the wall, with images of Saab’s. Will do my best to keep them up to date.

I think all the work you put into the teardrop shows, I imagine there are a lot of envious drivers out there.

oktober 5, 2007 at 23:03 #112730

I have created a new site just for the calendars, please refer to the following link for the future.

http://calendar.car-id.biz

The contents sheets for the two printed calenders under development are now available.

The contents of the online calendar for 2008 is now available, the full size pages will be added shortly along with a single PDF file that you can prnt the whole year from.

oktober 10, 2007 at 18:52 #113043

AH! Nice calender. I can see my car have bin a calendergirl. Funny it´s june. My car was in trafic first time 1979-06-12. Coulden´t be more purfect, and it´s the monthe I came to the world too. Hm my spelling could be better.

MVH Magnus

'- 9-3 Aero 2,8T XWD TX Edition, Hirsch Performance -10
                              - 9000 CC 2,3 Turbo 16 Sport -91 när det är sommar
                              - 96 GL V4 Super -79 när vägen svänger
                              - 90 T16 -87 när jag ska överraska

oktober 10, 2007 at 19:07 #113045

Magnus och ni andra, ni kan skriva på svenska jag har för mig GMC kan svenska 🙂

Saab 93B -59 (Blå)
                                Saab 900 TurboS Cabriolet -91 (Platinagråmetallic)
                                Saab 9000 CDE -94 (Platinagråmetallic)

oktober 10, 2007 at 20:08 #113055

Anton – You are right, I understand most Swedish, more so the written than spoken, but I am improving.

Magnus – Thanks for the comment. Must admit that I didn’t know the month your car was first in the traffic, or you, must be fate.

Visar 15 inlägg - 1 till 15 (av 20 totalt)
                                • Du måste vara inloggad för att svara på detta ämne.